Extensions are an investment. In order to protect and lengthen the life of your hair, we recommend the following tips:
- Wash with Sulfate FREE shampoo and conditioner.
- 90/10 Rule – Rinse 90% of conditioner out and leave in 10% in when washing hair. It's lotion to the hair.
- Sleep in a low braid or pony tail.
- Sleep on a silk or satin pillow case.
- Brush from the ends or your hair moving upward.
- Brush a few times a day to prevent tangling using the Mark On Madison soft detangler.
- When swimming, coat your hair in conditioner and wear in a braid or loose, high bun.
- We have noticed hard water can strip natural and extension hair of color and nutrients. If possible use soft water.
- Be aware, salt water and chlorine can strip hair of color.
Gently squeeze out the excess water and blot with a cotton towel. Use a large wide tooth comb to detangle and straighten while extensions are damp.
Laced Hair can be styled using a boar's hair bristle brush( wet brush), Flat iron, or curling iron.
Brush regularly (while brushing, hold base of scalp where the extensions adhere to the natural hair with opposite hand)
Coloring & Toning
If you do choose to dye Mark On Madison Hair Extensions, our suggestion would be to use a demi or semi permanent color. If you chose to tone please watch carefully. All coloring done to Mark On Madison Hair extensions should be done by a licensed professional.
Mark On Madison hair is not responsible and will not replace hair for any discoloration that may happen due to swim or sunscreen use. This also applies to any hair that is colored or toned (including purple shampoo).